10 Most Impactful Songs of 2014 So Far
Every so often, we’re presented with a song that is so meaningful they become instant hits. We’re nearly half way through the year and already we’ve been given some really amazing songs. Here’s a list of the 10 more impactful songs for 2014. So far.
10. Partition – Beyonce Partition was very well received by critics. The public loved it for its advocacy of women’s liberation and sexual freedom and confidence. The lyrics are catchy and clever and while the video is a bit explicit, it highlights the song’s theme of female confidence.
9. Dark Horse — Katy Perry The “Fireworks” crooner has done it again.Not only is “Dark Horse” catchy, but it has caused a bit of a controversy after the video was accused of blasphemy and being offensive to Muslims. Specifically, in the original video, Perry is dressed as an Egyptian queen and she turns a man wearing an “Allah” pendant to dust. After much outcry and an online petition, that scene was erased from the official video.http://www.nme.com/ratemy/305986/greatest-album-of-2013-so-far
8. The Man – Aloe Blacc The sexy soul singer defines what it means to be “The Man”. The melody is catchy and the song embodies the ideal of lifting your head up and standing above everyone that is talking about you.
7. Not a Bad Thing – Justin Timberlake Mr. Timberlake proves once again that he is still at the top of his game. The song has a bit of a throw-back feel to ‘N Sync. Not a Bad Thing is an earnest, romantic song that is sure to be a classic.
6. Team – Lorde The New Zealand songbird does it again. Lorde has said “Team” is a tribute to her friends and her country as well as to all the small cities everywhere that are often overlooked. The song is increadibly catchy and empowering.
5. We Might Be Dead Tomorrow – Soko This song is impactful for its pro LGBTQ video as well as reminding all of us that our time on this earth is finite so we’d better make the most of it. While this is not a new idea, particularity in music, Soko delivers the message in a way that is fresh, rejuvenated, and thrilling.read this post for more information.
4. Loyal – Chris Brown The talented but troubled R&B star does it again. Loyal is just as catchy and just as aggressive as his other songs. It garnered attention for slamming Rhianna, as well as calling out fakers and hanger-ons.
3. All of Me – John Legend This song will not doubt go down in music history as one of the greatest love songs of all time. It is raw, and honest, and gives an accurate portrayal of modern relationships. The lyrics reminds us to give our intimate relationships our all, to be honest, and to never give up on worthwhile relationships.
2. Happy – Pharrell Williams This Oscar nominated song is sure to elevate your mood. This toe tapper is an ode to optimism, no matter what fate befalls us. 1. Let It Go – Idina Menzel
No list of most impactful songs-for 2014 or anytime-would be complete without this Disney hit. “Let It Go” had young kids and adults alike raising their voices and feeling empowered to let go of all the things and feelings that hold us back from being our best and most happy selves. The song is so popular that Disney re-releasedFrozen with a Sing-Along version of the astronomical hit.
Easy Related Posts
A Guide to Drumming for Beginners
Drummers are sought after a lot nowadays in the music industry. A standout amongst the ...read more
Most Memorable Fishing Songs of All Time
Most people don’t think about fishing and singing going too well together. However, if you ...read more
Camping On Mountain-The Best Way to Reduce Stress
Does your family like adventures? If yes, then camping is the best adventure for you ...read more
Things to Take Along When You Want to Make A Vacation Relaxing and Fun
Taking a family vacation once a year is as important as teaching your children etiquettes. ...read more